Quinoa and Roasted Chickpea bowl with Creamy Red Pepper Sauce!
Quinoa ~ One cup of quinoa and 2 cups of water :) You can rinse your quinoa if you would like!
- 1 1/2 Cups Cooked Chickpeas
- Drizzle Olive Oil
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 Tsp Chili Powder
- 1/8 Tsp Turmeric
- 1/2 Tsp Oregano
Red Pepper Sauce ~
- 1 tbs of nutritional Yeast (optional, try it w/out first! Not everyone likes the cheesy taste! But I adore it!)
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 2 Tbs Olive Oil
- Juice from 1 Lemon
- 1/2 Tsp Pepper
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1/2 Tsp Paprika
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Cilantro
- I also added 1/8 cup of soaked cashews to make it creamy! You can also add coconut milk or any unsweetened dairy free milk! Just add until you like the creaminess! Or leave out completely! It's delicious without also!
Last but not least!
- Mixed Greens ~ I used arugula and kale You can use anything you like and as much as you like! :)
- An Avocado
- Start by cooking the quinoa. Add one cup of quinoa to pan with 2 cups of water, bring to a boil, cover and simmer about 15 minutes! It's that easy! Remove from heat :)
- Preheat oven to 425. In a bowl, toss chickpeas, oil, and spices until chickpeas are evenly coated. On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, bake chickpeas for 15 minutes. When done, remove from oven and let cool.
- To make red pepper dressing, add all dressing ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Finally, assemble the bowls ~ add quinoa, mixed greens, avocado, and chickpeas. Drizzle everything with red pepper sauce!!!! Yummy!!!!!!!